Internship Winter 2020
AERALUX Inc., Canada, is an organization aimed to contribute towards enabling reduction in energy consumption through the adoption of LEDs and the integration of progressive technology solutions. AERALUX was founded on a principle driving change in the LED industry:
What’s In it for You?
We are opening a position for a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our team at our Saint Laurent Office. The intern will become a vital contributor for the team and will have the opportunity to work on and support multiple projects in engineering, design and sales. The intern will have the opportunity to live the experience of joining a start-up that was officially founded in May 2019.
- Provide design concepts for new features either in existing or new products
- Work on development of engineering samples to ensure customer requirements are met using Solidworks
- Willing to work with Photometric toolbox and AGI32 for manipulations of IES files and creation of layout for lighting projects
- Participate in sales calls to provide engineering support when required
- Be an active member of team to help support customer service and operations
- Provide update, when required, to various stakeholders
- Be a team member of a start up organization and willing to adapt to organization needs such as addition of new software, implementation of new systems and understanding of new standards
- May be required to travel to visit customers
- Experience with Solid Works or AutoCAD
- General knowledge of engineering design
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, take initiatives, results driven personality
- Ability to use Microsoft suite tools
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
- Finishing a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Paid Internship, Full time
- A minimum 40 hour week.